- Lee and I and our guests so enjoyed last evening! The music, the musicians and your voice were wonderful. Our guests are knowledgeable regarding talent as one son played guitar for the Miami Sound Machine and another son was drummer for Earth, Wind and Fire. You were just great!!! There’s not much more to add except: “When is your next performance!?!” Sally S (SCUC uker)
- I just wanted to say how much I appreciated your workshop last week. It is clear you are as excellent a teacher as you are performer. I loved that you would have continued past 6pm if Sam Ash had let you. My one regret is that I didn’t look at the great song selections on your CD, even after my uke friend commented that you covered “Slow Boat to China,” which we had tried at a recent jam. Had I checked out your list, I would have seen you do “Pacing the Cage” and I would have requested it. I’m such a fan of Bruce Cockburn’s that there was speculation that he had a restraining order on me. I am sure TBUS will see you at another workshop or TBUG, Tampa Bay Ukulele Society’s annual Getaway or both. Sincerely, Gail
- Mark, You were fantastic! I loved Let it Snow and There’s No Place Like Home For The Holidays. You’ve got the voice! Great job, Mark! Whoo hoo! 🎉🎄🎉🎄🎉🎄🎉🎄🎉
Georgia – From the Spirit of Christmas at Chandler Center of The Arts
- I think that Mark gave us a great evening of ukulele education. He spent just about three hours working very hard to get us thinking about getting beyond the first position chords (also called open chords) to give the songs we play a bit of color, how to break up long stretches of playing one chord in the same way. We had a real pro and he gave us more than our money’s worth last night. I hope that, if he plans a touring loop in this general area again next year, we can convince him to give us another evening of musical education. A really nice evening. Thanks. – Ralph – Tulsa Uke Club
- Mark, I put your cd in my car and listened to it as I was going to make my daily visit to my wife (in an Alzheimer’s facility). I think you might have been born in the wrong decade, for your great story telling songs would have been a great hit in the era when the folk song troubadours were hitting the college circuit and in TV. A great cd. Nice to have a song tell a story. – Ralph
- So much fun! So much to learn. – Patricia M
- Enjoyed last night immensely. Been using trial and error to find bar chords by ear for years and Marks class gave me a taste of formal training in the technique that I didn’t know existed. – Bob M
- I had a terrific time, learned a lot, laughed a lot, and made a new friend … thank you Ken for hosting and a big plus for Mark, a great teacher! – David S.
- This was a fantastic workshop. I was hoping to learn something new to add to my bag of tricks. What I learned was the foundation of the uke fretboard and now I can create anything I want. This took me to a whole new level. I can’t put the thing down when I get home at night!! And BTW it was an enjoyable evening with great company… thanks to everybody and especially Kenneth for making it all happen.
- Mark Baker, thank you for a fantastic experience. It was a wonderful afternoon/evening. I think we all had a great time. thanks and look forward to seeing you soon 😊
- Had a wonderful visit this weekend from Mark Baker and his wife Peggy…good music, fun times and great ukulele workshop. Looking forward to the next one… 😎🎶🌴🎸🍷🎶 — Kenneth F.
- Great workshop!!! And it was fun to be able to try something I learned right away! — Marie A
- Thoroughly enjoyable evening. Thanks Mark Baker for being patient and Kenneth for hosting. — David C
- My sister and I were at the beach and you were playing your ukulele. I then purchased your CD and I wanted to tell you how much we have enjoyed it. It is our travel music whenever we take a long drive or even just head to the beach. Thank you for your information about the different groups in our area. — Carol C
- I did it, I did it, only had to say, “Wait for it wait for it! ” about fifteen times while I positioned my fingers. Thanks, Mark Baker! — Marie A
- On our way to Moab…with Mark Baker singing our favorite songs on his CD. This should be a lovely drive!
- MARK, HOPE YOU ARE DOING WELL. P.S. I AM ADDING A NUMBER OF THE TRACKS FROM THE CD TO DIFFERENT PLAYLISTS ON AMAZ RADIO. “TILL THE HIGHWAY TURNS TO THE SEA” IS GOING INTO HEAVY ROTATION STARTING TOMORROW. YOU PAINT A GREAT PICTURE WITH THAT SONG. HARRY WOULD HAVE LOVED IT. ROBERT ZUCKER, AMAZ ENTERTAINMENT, AMAZ RADIO
- Mark Baker describes himself as “a singer/songwriter and Ukulele Slinger extraordinaire”. Members of Ukulele Gumbo met Mark at a workshop in Dallas in the summer of 2015. Being so impressed with his voice, playing and teaching skills, nothing would do, but to issue an invitation to him to visit Shreveport, LA. And he accepted! Mark will coming to Shreveport October 27, 2016. – Glenda
- Mark has been performing in one way or another since he was very young. His voice, playing and infectious personality will draw you in and have you singing and strumming in no time! – Glenda
- I listened to the album again two days ago. AND I RIDE is still in my brain.. keeping me happy 😊 Connie
- I’m enjoying your album, Mark. I was just telling Dr. Uke tonight that I love the song “It had to be you” and gave it a whirl at an open mic last Friday night — Patricia
Hello Mark — I was listening to your great CD the other day — just relaxing and enjoying your beautiful music, when It occurred to me that I would like to send this music to a few friends so they could also relax and listen to your beautiful melodies.
So, I would like to purchase 3 of your “And I Ride” CD’s……
Appreciate this — love your music — Mary
- Wow, our super ukulele weekend is now officially over. What a blast! Mark Baker is an outstanding instructor and we all learned so much…and realized how much more there is to learn if we’re up to the challenge. Let’s push ourselves,
- Wow! What a exhilarating concert last night with Mark Baker! We had a blast and Mark’s music is amazing! If you weren’t there, but want to check out clips from his CD,
- After purchasing your CD I listened to it the whole drive back to Phoenix. I have it with me now in Alabama. Mom loves it. Another 82 year old friend is inspired by it. Highway to the Sea is my new happy song. It takes me to a happy place every time. Back to the open road.
Your passion for life lifts me up, Mark. I will pass it on.